Going back to school can be both exciting and stressful for both the kids and the parents. When the new school year starts, there is a lack of or no sleep at all as well as not eating the proper foods needed for a balanced nutrition. Not all kids get the recommended number of hours of sleep each night. This is due to distractions that are keeping them up late at night such as computers, television or video games. When all these distractions come about, it is difficult for that child to be successful if they are not guided and helped through this.
During the school year, bacteria and viruses spread quickly by and to other children and their families. Therefore, it is very important for parents to make sure they prepare their children with a physical examination before the start of the school year. This consists of a visit to the pediatrician, dentist, and optician to make sure all aspects of health are taken care of.
Imran Haque is a doctor in the Ramseur and Asheboro area who offers medical advice as well as health services that are conducted in a professional manner. He has over fifteen years of experience with physical examinations and diagnosing health issues.
There are many benefits that comes with having a physical examination: parents and/or children are educated about their health and can ask questions, a relationship of trust and confidentiality is built, and the doctor can recommend the proper test or procedure for your condition. Some healthy tips can be applied that will help both the child and the parent during the school season. Imran Haque offers the following tips:
- All vaccinations should be up to date. The flu vaccine will dramatically decrease the risk of a child possibly dying from influenza. Any child over the age of 6 should receive this vaccine.
- Good hygiene habits are another way to prevent the spread of germs. Examples of good hygiene would be hand washing, face washing, bathing, and nail clipping. If all of this is done properly, it would reduce the chances of diarrhea, pinworms and trachoma.
- Exercise is also important. Imran Haque states that being overweight leads to high blood pressure, diabetes and high cholesterol. Children are more apt to succeed in school when they exercise than those who do not.
- Imran Haque recommends 8.5-9.5 hours of sleep each night for children. When there is a lack of sleep kids become irritable, grades drop, and illnesses develop.
- When the proper vitamins and minerals are consumed, students will be able to concentrate and make better choices. They will not feel weak or wore out from the lack of proper nutrition.
When these tips from Imran Haque are followed and taken into consideration, your child will be successful and healthy throughout the school year. This will bring lots of cherished memories for you and your child.